Sun is a constant source of energy that gives life to all living beings on the planet. With the decrease in fossil fuels or non-renewable sources, people are opting for solar energy as an alternate source of energy. Due to the drop in cost in solar energy installation and usage, both residential and commercial property owners are pleased to use them as an energy solution. But how do solar panels take the energy from the sun and convert it into a usable form of energy? Keep reading below to know more.
What is solar energy?
- Solar energy is a type of energy that’s generated by the sun and will never go out of stock. Neither we nor others have seen a day without sunlight as it comes every day to give light and a source of energy to all living beings on the planet. Even though some days may be gloomy with clouds, but there will be some amount of energy. This is different from other sources of energy like oil or gas.
- This energy is taken from the solar panels via photovoltaics and converted into electricity. Solar panels consist of multiple atoms, which are the tiniest part of the matter. The center portion of this atom is the nucleus that consists of neutrons and protons. Solar energy is initiated when the photons present in the atom will bump the electrons generating electricity.
- Solar panels work at Las Vegas, NV consist of several tiny PV cells, and this link of PV cells is responsible for generating a usable form of electricity. The majority of solar panels are developed by silicon and are arranged into several modules to constitute the complete solar panel fixed on rooftops.
Why is solar energy considered renewable?
- A renewable energy source is a type of energy that is sustainable and easy to use without any difficulty in regular maintenance and does not have any end period shortly. So, we can easily depend on it to generate electricity without any interruptions and refill them like oil or gas sources. Hence sun is called a renewable energy source along with other forms of energy like wind and water.
- There may be some amount of impact on the energy produced by solar power from weather conditions. Even this impact is not so aggressive as there will not be a day where the sun may not come out. Even though you would want a clear sunny day to get an abundant energy source, solar panels can also use the energy from the sun in winter or rainy conditions. They will generate the electricity required to run your structure by using even this available amount of energy.
- But solar panels will produce extra electricity during bright sunny days, which can be more than your requirement; there has been an appropriate storage option for this extra energy in the form of a local invertor or send this to the larger grid. An experienced solar energy service company will guide you with all the necessary steps to take care of the produced energy efficiently.
How do solar panels work?
Capture sunlight: Every solar panel is made up of a link of photovoltaic (PV) cells that capture light and convert them into solar electricity. As the solar panel charges the sunlight, these PV cells generate DC.
Solar cells will comprise a layer of silicon cells fit in a metal frame, glass frame, and connective wirings to let the flow of current in the cells. Silicon is a non-metal that allows it to absorb the current and transform it into electricity. As the light hits these silicon cells, it causes movements of photons and electrons, causing the generation of electric current. Known as the photovoltaic effect, this initiates the generation of DC or direct current. But only DC cannot be used to power all the appliances. In comes the inverter that is the next crucial part of the solar system.
- Converting solar energy to useful electricity by Invertors:
There are different types of investors depending on the particular requirement. Few of the solar systems have a single inverter to run the complete system. Some others consist of micro-inverter connected to solar panels. Any inverter performs the same job of converting DC (Direct Current) from the solar panels to AC (alternating current). This form of electricity is used to power various appliances for both commercial and residential purposes.
- Using solar energy to power various devices:
Solar electricity powers various devices, machines, or appliances and makes it run without any depending interruptions. It functions similarly to regular electricity as you will not require additional modifications to the connections. Some residential and commercial structures use both traditional electricity, so that in case if you don’t have enough solar power, a conventional grid can give you the necessary power. But many places have bright sunny days regularly, and the solar system might generate more energy than needed. What will you do?
- Extrasolar energy is sent to the grid.
You may still think about the need to be connected to the more giant power grid while you have the power of solar energy. But it is helpful by allowing you to use only a sufficient amount of power and send the extra power to the larger grid with profitable returns. Taking care of the amount of energy required during the night or gloomy days, you can make excess profits by sending the extra point to the grid.
As homeowners and business owners realize the importance of solar energy and associated solar panels, it is the right time to associate with a reliable solar firm like Mybrighthaus. They are completely equipped with advanced technology to suggest, install and maintain your solar power systems (residential and commercial) for longer and ensure that you save the money and environment for the future.